Limited Professional Internship with
stipend opportunities are available to qualified university
graduates and young professionals interested in pursuing
a museum career whose academic and/or professional experience
combines art history with one or more of the following
areas: museum studies, arts management or related studies.
Professional Internship projects are
based on MOCA Shanghai needs and requirements. The objectives
- to function as a professional within a museum environment;
- to gain knowledge of the organizational structure
of a museum and to
develop understanding of administrative operations;
- to acquire knowledge and skills related to specific
areas of museum work;
- to assess individual professional goals and development.
- In order to accomplish these objectives, professional
training in specific museum fields through close work
with a professional staff member. The intern must
assume professional-level responsibilities and become
involved in a major project during the internship
The following are brief descriptions of the departments
that offer Professional Internships at MOCA Shanghai.
Please list your departmental choice on the space provided
in the application form.
- Exhibition and Curatorial Support (exhibition-related
administration, presentation and publication);
- External Affairs (sponsorship, membership, corporate
- Education and Research Support (programs for school,
family, adult and the community);
- Museum Archive & Library (collects, preserves
and makes available for research the records of MOCA
- Marketing and Communications (communications, graphic
design, marketing, visitor services and retail).
Minimum two months, maximum six months. Internships
begin on the first of the month and end on the last
day of each month.
Full-time, five days per week (40 hrs per week)
Recent graduates of bachelor's and master's degree programs
in Museum Studies, Arts Management or related studies,
and young professionals.
The completed application form, a statement of motivation,
a curriculum vitae, two letters of recommendation and
university transcripts should be mailed together to
the MOCA Shanghai Internship Officer at the address
listed below. Please note that you have
to specify the time of the year you are applying for,
and that your application will be considered for that
period of time only.
Download Professional Internship Application Form
Enquiries regarding Internship
||People's Park, 231 Nanjing West
Road, Shanghai, 200003, China
||+86 21 63279900
||+86 21 63271257